Sunday, September 27, 2015

Who Am I as a Communicator? 6165 Wk 4


Who Am I as a Communicator?





For the blog this week, I thought about the similarities and differences between how I evaluated myself as a communicator and how others evaluated me. The one thing that surprised me the most is that I felt that I was significant in verbal aggressiveness; with little provocation, I might cross the line of “argumentativeness” which might attack a person’s position or statements. My sister, whom I interviewed believed that I maintain a good balance between respect and consideration for others viewpoints. It was shocking to me that I was harder on myself than my sister was because, she often tells me that I interrupt her while she is talking. 

One insight about communication that I gained this week was that others think that even though I am a people person and love to talk, I often appear to feel somewhat concerned about a number of communication contexts, but probably not all.  A second insight about communication that I gained this week was  that  I sometimes might  feel that I am not concerned about others because, I watch my clock/watch or inform them that I do not have long to hear what they have to say because, I am in a time crunch. These two insights might affect my professional work and personal life by having others feel that I am not confident in what I know or teach to their children if I appear un-easy when speaking.  Secondly, if I appear as someone that provokes people while they are talking then, I might come across as a bully or someone that feels that others thoughts and beliefs are not significant.




No comments:

Post a Comment