Saturday, December 19, 2015

What I have learned - 6357 Wk#8


One hope that I have when I think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is to be open-minded and effectively bring positive change to the families in regard to diversity. One goal I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice  is to familiarize oneself with the various cultures to be better informed on the diverse cultures.

I would like to say thank you to all of my colleagues.  I have truly appreciated, respected, and enjoyed your reflections and insights during this course.  I wish you all much success as we move forward in our field of Early Childhood Education.

 
Neketha Polley

5 comments:

  1. Neketha, I agree if we better prepare ourselves we can inform others of how to learn and develop in a diverse world by respecting and being accepting of all people. If we continue with what we learned throughout this course we can build children up with positive identities and feelings about who they are as an individual. Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neketha,
    I will definitely agree that we have to be ooen minded. We would not be able to succeed in heloing and working with children if toubdi not put our biases aside. Thank you so much for your posts. Happy holidays to you!
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Neketha, I support this if we are to become great! anti bias educators we need to be keep abreast of new knowlege and strategies to assist our students and families. Have a great holiday. Pleasure knowing you.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neketha, totally agree with you as professionals we need to keep abreast of the new strategies and knowledge if we want to become great and awesome anti bias educators. Enjoy your holidays. Pleasure knowing you
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neketha,
    I have enjoyed reading your blog. Learning about individuals with different backgrounds increase the chances of cultural respect, equality, and social justice. Good luck with your next course!

    Salesha

    ReplyDelete