Saturday, August 22, 2015

Professional Hopes and Goals



One hope that I have when I think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is that all adults (parents, childcare givers, aunts, uncles, early childhood educators and administrators) understand that the bigger picture is doing what is best for the child.  I also hope that they will learn to be patient as everyone has some level of change to undergo when it comes to dealing with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds.

One goal I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice is for educators and early childhood administrators to foster and conduct a program targeted on the issues, concerns, and impacts that children and families encounter relating to diversity, equity, social justice, and social injustices. By Fostering and conducting such a program, it will help educators to learn from individual families and children directly impacted by such issues.  Such a program will also offer aid to others via communication and support as we all work to overcome the vastly growing concerns and issues of diversity, equity, and social justices and/or injustices.

I would like to give a big thanks to my colleagues for sharing the events and memories of their lives that have made them the people they are today. By sharing these events and memories, we have been able to learn a lot form one another and understand how others feel and are impacted by various situations of diversity, equity, and social justices/social injustices. Lastly, I would like to thank each and every one of my colleagues and our professor for all of the words of encouragement throughout this course. Best Wishes to everyone for all of their future endeavors.



2 comments:

  1. Neketha,
    Very nice dynamic incorporating the the chart of how things can flow either to or from a central point. Many words can be added into the different colors to keep up with day to day action plans. VEry nice Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neketha,
    I support you 100% on doing what is best for the CHILDREN. It is no longer about "us", the children must remain our focus. I do not know how Dr. Horton did it, but she made it so easy for us to share such sensitive information. Although, I have not met any of my colleagues, I feel this course has made us into a big family of educators. Good luck on your journey through this program!
    Takishia

    ReplyDelete