Saturday, March 7, 2015

The steps to getting Ready for and Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources






In the blog assignment for this week, we were asked to "Establishing Professional Contacts," with other professionals around the globe.  For this assignment, I chose the alternative method. The first set of steps that I took to locate and contact two professionals was, I reached out to and contacted a few colleagues from previous courses in the Masters of Early Childhood program.  I contacted and reached out to these colleagues from previous courses as a networking system because, although they are still in the U.S., they are in states around the globe.  I have also opted to utilize electronic messaging/communications as a faster method to stay in touch and receive updates from my contacts. In my attempt to establish communications, so far, I have contacted a previous colleague from Hawaii that is actively involved with Head Start and other early childhood organizations around the world.  I have also reached out to the “Globe Fund for Children Organization.  I have sent request to both entities and I am awaiting a response/update.
Neketha

1 comment:

  1. Hi Neketha- Congrats! You are one of the first people I have heard be successful in establishing at least one contact! I have reached out to UNICEF to see if I can connect with a contact in Quito, Ecuador where I am moving to in August, but so far no luck. I will keep trying otherwise try the alternate assignment,

    ReplyDelete