Saturday, March 14, 2015

Sharing Web Resources


The name of the organization that I selected and chose to subscribe to for a newsletter is The Global fund for children.  This is their website: http://www.globalfundforchildren.org/.


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
An issue that was of interest to me was the female/women empowerment initiatives.  I am a strong independent woman that has always been taught that I can be anything that I want to be.  I have always been encouraged and told that I should go to school to learn and to make sure that I pay attention to my teachers to ensure that I get the best out of my education.  Yet, in many companies around the world women, to include female children are often killed for trying to go to school or make any independent decisions.  The Global Fund for Children is working on a Celebrating Grassroots/ Women Leaders.
GFC is known for investing in local organizations that work tirelessly to give all children the opportunity to grow up healthy and safe, get an education, and pursue their dreams. They provide their partners with strategic support to help them grow bigger, get stronger, and reach out to even more children in need.  One of the most current issues that GFC is focusing on is empowering young ladies in India and around the world to get an education and be leaders. Another issue of great concern to GFC and that I wish to learn more about is child trafficking.  GFC and its global partners are working on this issue and staying focusing on addressing many other issues around the globe to ensure that children are afford the best health and education possible.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Neketha, Global Fund for children seems to be a good organization. Education for girls is such an important area of work. As a woman, I can't imagine being denied access to an equal opportunity to education, and yet so many girls and women around the world are punished, even killed for trying to be come educated. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This organization is new to me. You have offered a great analysis about the organization. I look forward to reading more about the Global fund from your blog post.

    ReplyDelete