Saturday, June 27, 2015

When I think of Research







From the course, the insights that I have gained about research are that, like anything, research has its purpose in life. Research when conducted effectively is vital to early childhood education.  My ideas about research have changed drastically.  I have always been told, “Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes”.  Thus, to truly understand the aspects and importance of research, I had to go through the steps of being involved in a research.

The lessons about planning, designing, and conducting research in early childhood that I learned is that planning is the most vital part of the research project.  Having a structured plan helps to lead the basis of the research.  Some of the challenges that I encountered while conducting my research was being thorough in my thoughts that supported my research.  The ways that I met these challenges was to listen to and act on the productive advice that I received from my instructor and colleagues. As a result of this course, my perception of early childhood professional have changed in regard to a new found respect for all the research that has been conducted to pave the way.

1 comment:

  1. Neketha,
    I would like to take the moment and thank you for sharing interesting and helpful information throughout the course.
    I have learned to use the different methods of how to collect data.
    Good luck with the rest of your early childhood journey.
    Kristal

    ReplyDelete