Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Time Well Spent 6990 Wk 8 Blog


 
Time Well Spent…
 
Time Well Spent hits the nail on the head.  My mom always says, “When you are in good company, you lose track of time”.  When I started the MS program I thought this program is a long time, I hope I can make it.  Now, we are at the end of the journey, I feel time has flown.  I have enjoyed learning, challenging myself, and getting insight from all of my colleagues. A lot has happened over the course of our program; some have lost family members, jobs, moved, changed jobs, had new children, got married or divorced, but, you stayed true to yourself and finished the race.  I am proud of each of you and wish you the best.  Your feedback and insight to me throughout the course is respected and greatly appreciated.

 From this program I have been challenged to challenge myself, self-examine myself and my beliefs, express myself, question myself, and find the real me while expressing my own biases, possible prejudices, and determine how I planned to make a change in my own life for the better of myself and the Early Childhood profession.   One long-term goal that I have for myself is that I plan to move forward with the Doctor of Education – Education Administration & Leadership Program that I plan to learn more about Early childhood education.  I plan to take the Texas Certification test for Principals and Assistant principals and utilize everything I have learned and believe in to make a difference in the lives of our children all around the globe. Finally, prior to turning 65 and considering retirement, I plan to certify to become a school Superintendent.

Thank you to my Colleagues and Instructor! It has been interesting, intellectual, challenging, and “Time Well Spent”.  Thank you for all of your insight and encouragement.  I wish you all much success and happiness in your future endeavors. Please keep in touch, I will keep my blog going or you may email me at nekethapolley@aol.com.
 


 



 
 

10 comments:

  1. Neketha,
    Though I have known you for only a short time, I have really enjoyed learning with you. I appreciated every positive comment that you made to me during this class. You will never know ho your kind words helped me with completing my project. I pray that God blesses you in whatever you do! Later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neketha,
    I felt displaced this semester as I am finishing the program with a different group of people than I started with, thanks to the budget standoff in Pennsylvania. I appreciate your support and how you made me feel welcome. I wish you nothing but the best as you go forth and tackle new challenges!!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne,
      I am glad a I was able to motivate you and keep you going in the course. It was your encouragement and drive that motivated me too. It is amazing how God works. I wish you the best also.

      Delete
    2. Kathy,

      It is interesting that you mentioned that you did not finish the program with the group you started with because, you fell right into place; "one of the gang". I also wish you the best. I felt as if I have know you for years. I wish you the best. Keep in touch.

      Neketha

      Delete
  3. Neketha,
    Thanks for the encouraging words. I am also in disbelieve that this is actually happening. I remember when I started, I said to myself, "What have you done!" I also thought this was a long journey, and I was not sure if I had in me, but I continued on even when I wanted to stop. Now, I am so happy I decided to do this. I also wanted to be an example to those around me or those who think they can't do it. So now, I am here. Good Luck, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa,

      Thank you for your reply. Your words of encouragement kept me motivated too. My how time flies. I am glad that we stayed in the race. I too am excited that I started and finished the journey. I am glad I was able to be an inspiration to you! Good luck in all you do! Keep in touch.

      Neketha

      Delete
  4. Neketha,
    Oh so beautiful and so you. You are so thoughtful and kind inside and out and this blog really shows. I have enjoyed our journey and learned so much from you. I appreciate all you have encouraged me on and our learning process together. Best of luck to you and yours and Bless you
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill,

      Thank you for your kind words! My parents always told me that it doesn't cost me anything to be kind and respectful to others. I am always told that I never meet a stranger. You too have been just as much as an inspiration to me during this journey as you say I have been to you and I appreciate it. Best of luck to you and yours also. keep in touch and stay strong and positive.

      Neketha

      Delete
  5. Colleagues,

    Thank each of you for your kind words, insight, feedback,and encouragement. I am proud of each of you for the journey that you have started and completed.

    Dr. Embree,

    Thank you for your dedication to inspire others and to push us to be the best that you knew we could be. Much continued success to you and your family.

    Neketha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neketha,

    It has been a joy interacting with you in this course during this term. I like how you touched on everyones journey in that we've all experienced some highs and lows yet we were able to over come the adversities shown. Now its time to put all of our efforts into play into a way that encourages, uplifts, motivates, others to be the best that they can be. Hopefully we can connect at the graduation.
    ebony

    ReplyDelete